I’ve started a group entitled https://www.facebook.com/groups/YozenPoetry/ that I would like to invite people to join. It is yoga and zen inspired poetry continuing on in the manner of Rumi who used poetry as a vehicle for enlightenment and wisdom.
Call for Submissions (http://microthoughtprocessedpoetryandartjournal.wordpress.com/):
Poetry has been around for millennium, but micro poetry is a format and style that has surged with the computer age and Internet. With platforms such as Twitter, Tumblr, and more, micro blogging has lead creative efforts in seeing how few words are required to express an idea, mood, story, or image. As poetry is visual music, art is music sculpted. Poetry and art together create a mental symphony that can take us anywhere we allow ourselves to go.
Micro Thought Processed Poetry and Art Journal is a quarterly online journal celebrating the joined arts of human inspiration. Submission of art and micro verse can be sent to email@example.com All attempts will be made to respond quickly.
Today’s post is a little different but I’m sure you will like it. I was nominated by the beautiful http://theenduringmind.com/ for the Sunshine Award and I am here to share and nominate a few blogs that I love as well:
The rules are very simple for the Sunshine Award:
1. Feature the logo in your post
2. Link the person who nominated you.
3. You all have to check out the blog http://theenduringmind.com/ it’s the most inspirational and informed website that I have seen in a while. It takes you through journey’s and you might find out who you are as an individual.
4. Write 10 pieces of information about yourself
5. Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
6. Leave a comment on each bloggers’ blog and let know about the award!
7. Leave a comment on each bloggers’ blog and let know about the award!
Well, I did 14 facts yesterday. Who’s ready for 10 more?
Let’s get this started, here are ten interesting facts about me, want to know more join the site
1. I hate to stand in long lines
2. I love to write poetry and short stories
3. I don’t have any kids but I only have twin names picked out.
4. When I was seventeen I wanted to go to the London school of make-up
5. I have a fascination with London, Paris and Japan
6. When I was in high school I took a black and white photography class, I love taking pictures and sometimes being in front of the camera.
7. I love to cook
8. My favorite foods are Thai, Italian, Sushi and Seafood
9. I’m going through traumatic events that happened within the last year. It’s not easy but I take one day at a time.
10. I love to watch fashion shows, learn about the latest make-up trends and try new things.
Here are the 10 blogs and bloggers that I nominate for this wonderful award:
1. Anastasia http://www.glamorable.com/ This blog caught my attention and I fell in love with everything beauty. She has everything that you can imagine to be on this site.
2. Michelle http://www.blushingreader.com/ If you are having a hard time picking out a book to read then here is your place to go. Reviews on tons of books.
3. AJ Alexander http://www.ajlive.com/ This is the number one entertainment site. Best singers, great management, sexy models and a lot more.
4. Pachet Burson http://theenduringmind.com/ Her site is very inspirational with a lot of things that make you think about your life. She has so many creative things going on your always wondering what she is going to come up with next
5. Candace Corey http://www.candacecorey.com/ One of the best make-up artist in the world. If you don’t know how to apply make-up this is the place to come
6. http://projectwaking.wordpress.com/ Everything you ever wanted to know about Lucid Dreaming.
7. 20 Lines a Day http://anexerciseindiscipline.com/ Go to this site to get a variety of writing and see things from different views.
8. Laura Bloomsbury http://telltaletherapy.wordpress.com/ She has lots of interesting things on her site and I know you will enjoy it.
9. Rosy http://mistikkal.artistwebsites.com/ Variety of some excellent paintings .
10. http://whocouldknowthen.wordpress.com/ ex-painter turned story-teller. HIs words are passionate with a calming effect. Read one story and you are hooked for more.
Congratulations to al the nominees.
Until we meet again,
Her balloon went flying in the air
and the young adorable little girl
went running after it.
She stopped in her tracks
and another little girl handed her the balloon
it was like looking in a mirror
In that split second
her hand was grabbed and she was whisked away to the car
without ever seeing the girl again.
OKAY HERE IT GOES. TAKE IT HOW YOU WANT IT. BLACK PEOPLE ARE MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT JULIANNE HOUGH’S BLACKFACE. WHITE PEOPLE ARE MAD BECAUSE DIDDY POSTED A PICTURE OF WHITE FEMALES BOWING DOWN TO A BLACK FEMALE. BLACK PEOPLE ARE PISSED OFF ABOUT THE JAY-Z AND BARNEY’S DEAL. THEN WE HAVE CHRIS BROWN AND THAT’S A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. FACT: YOU CAN’T PLEASE EVERYBODY. FACT YOUR LIFE ISN’T ON A GIANT SCREEN FOR THE WORLD TO SEE. FACT PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. ALL THIS IN WHAT SEEMS LIKE ONE WEEK GO GET WHITE GIRL WASTED NOW AM I BEING RACIST BECAUSE I SAID WHITE GIRL OR BECAUSE I DECIDED TO DRINK CONJURE AND IT’S REPRESENTED BY A BLACK MALE.
Are you writing every day? Or taking a photograph? Or doing one creative act that stimulates your mind outside of the routine?
20 Lines a Day is about feeding that creative part of you, to keep you writing, even a little, every day.
Whether it’s a prompt, or an image that moves you, write it down and share it with us. It does not have to be a finished work — not at all. The point is to keep writing.
I’ll share an image today. What will you share?
In today’s publishing climate, many authors are turning away from traditional publishing houses because they wish to have more control over their own work.
We do all the work. You retain control.
But it takes time just to research the other options, and they are many and varied, and can be confusing. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the decisions that need to be made, especially for those with little experience working with publishers and printers.
Nika Rasco has joined us here at 20 lines…..I have read a few of her post and cannot wait to read more…Nika has an awesome blog Chasing Rabbits so please check out her blog and welcome her to our arena ….
… so quietly that you don’t even realize it. There was no alarm. No bell. Not even a ringing in your ears. Nothing lets you know that the moment that just got by you was the one that you should have reached for and held onto. That it won’t come back again, even if you beg. That you are left in a permanent state of watching her walk away.
That’s okay, you tell yourself. There will be another one.
You silently hope. You wish it to be true. You hope that life will be kind and you will keep on getting chances just like the one that kissed your cheek, then turned away.
The truth is, we never know, do we?
I am blessed by this community and by the gifts you share of yourself every day. Coming here always makes me smile, and I know I’m not the only one that feels that way.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Just took a peek at the stats, and while this is something I usually never do, it feels like a milestone and I thought I would share it with you.
Happy 50,000+ visitors to 20 Lines. I thought I’d let you know.
Cheers, and happy everything,
For my followers here at 20 Lines add these awards to your site if you have not received one already I have too many and MUST SHARE!!!!
Originally posted on Living and Lovin:
I have had so many awards here on WordPress bestowed upon me and I feel so blessed to have each and everyone of you followers liking and leaving comments and finding each other through some of my posts. Bless you all
The Very inspiring Blogger Award rules are as follows:
- Display the award on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations
To accept the award, the rules are: -Link back to the person who nominated you : Thank you again Cristi !! Also I would recommend to check out her awesome blog (http://traveltimetalk.com/)
-Post the award image to your page – Done
- Answer the questions. This is designed to help people get to know you better. – here they are
1. Favorite color:
2. Favorite animal:
View original 755 more words
Originally posted on Living and Lovin:
The WordPress Family Award is reserved for folks in Cyberspace who are unceasingly kind, sympathetic, encouraging, and open to laughter – and who keep each other going by sharing, commenting, and making personal connections even though they may actually be virtual strangers.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
- Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
and all the rest as I so went over the allotted amount :(
Never have I been great…
View original 252 more words
My dear friends and community,
This morning I am very sad to have to tell you that our dear friend and contributor weedlewom has left this life last week following a sudden illness and hospital stay.
Part of me didn’t want to believe it, I think, so I am a few days late with this news.
I was very lucky to know Susan in my own community here in North Carolina, as last August I’d joined her writers’ critique group that met once a month. I will tell you that she was as gentle and magical a soul as you find her voice to be in her poetry.
I didn’t know her nearly well enough, but I hold each memory dear. Rest in deepest peace, poet.
You can read the poems she shared with us here.
And take good care of each other out there, please.