Wrap me in the blanket
of your love. Keep me warm.
I’m so cold.
Wrap me in the blanket
Love so fair
Love so sly
Sly is who I am
Sly is the world
World so dreary
World is a dream
Dream in the night
Dream of the day
Day quite warm
Day with a charm
Charm act outward
Charm so fake
Fake is who I am
Fake is this world
Enlightens the path
Enlightens my soul
Soul concept of life
Soul concept of death
Death for me and you
Death so inevitable
Depression controls mind
Mind your own business
Mind so lame
Lame is who I am
Lame is the world
World so sultry
World where I live
Live in the shadow
Live in the oblivion
Sky so high
Sky so blue
Cheese of cow
Cheese I love
Love is who I am
Love is the world
World is yours
World is mine
Well, I hope you are not angry for reading this poem(yes it is a poem) which is full of meaningless phrases and words.
But I loved writing it and I hope you are also going to love it.
Blitz is a 50-line poem, completely made up of small phrases. Rules-
1. Line 1 should be one short phrase or image.
2. Line 2 should be one short phrase or image, using the same first word as the first words of Line 1.
3. Line 3 should include the phrase, using the last word of Line 2.
4. Line 4 should include the phrase, using the last word of Line 2.
5. Line 5 should include the phrase, using the last word of Line 4.
6. Line 6 should include the phrase, using the last word of Line 4.
7. Line 7 should include the phrase, using the last word of Line 6.
8. Line 8 should include the phrase, using the last word of Line 6.
9. Keep on repeating the routine till Line 48.
10. Line 49 is the last word(only) of Line 48.
11. Line 50 is the last word(only) of Line 47.
If you have any questions, do ask them. And try it- I know it is a little time consuming and a little confusing as well, but it is quite entertaining when we write it.
The curiosity took the better of me,
I walked further with a surprising glee,
Looking at the shabby walls,
And those age old woolen balls,
Scattered here and there for how long who knows,
There were also the dried petals of roses arranged in rows,
The sunlight shimmered the place seeping through the opening,
Blowing in the warm pleasant air of the spring,
There was an eerie silence, peaceful but yet frightful,
And I walked away out with an automatic pull,
I tried visiting it again once more the next day,
But I could see even standing at bay,
There was no shed, nothing over the same place,
It was now an empty space,
I still remember that old shed with the sunken roof,
It is now gone leaving behind not a single proof.
So smooth, so warm,
And a little spongy,
An ode to my tummy.
Please don’t mind- I was trying to write about something decent but I don’t know how but I ended up writing that stuff. It is funny, isn’t it? Well, I think it is.
Have a good night to those residing now in the nighty(bad choice of word, I know) world like me and have a good day to those, still, in the presence of the daylight.